[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
This reminds me of something I saw on the news about a week ago. Some high school was teaching students to throw objects at an intruder and then for the whole class to rush them and over power them. I don't know about you guys but I'm not sure if that is the best solution to the problem.
[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of something I saw on the news about a week ago. Some high school was teaching students to throw objects at an intruder and then for the whole class to rush them and over power them. I don't know about you guys but I'm not sure if that is the best solution to the problem.
[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I saw that as well ...
I wonder if a sharpened pencil (at nearly full length of course) would be effective with like 20+ students attacking someone at one time?
If it wouldn't kill them, it sure as heck wouldn't feel too good!
I definitely agree that students need to start being taught self defense, however .. perhaps put these in with PE classes (such as how it's PE/HEALTH .. maybe one grade level can be PE/HEALTH while the other can be PE/DEFENSE !)
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Officially retired
[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of something I saw on the news about a week ago. Some high school was teaching students to throw objects at an intruder and then for the whole class to rush them and over power them. I don't know about you guys but I'm not sure if that is the best solution to the problem.
[/ QUOTE ]
It was in Texas, where they take self-defense seriously.
Great idea IMO.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I think it's a great idea myself as well
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
Sounds like a really great idea, wish they had something like that when I went to school. Although at that time there were more guns in the parking lot than any intruder could bring in (especially during hunting season) and I would feel safe saying that 90-95% of the boys had a knife in there pocket all the time.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I graduated 11 years ago and we brought guns to school all the time. Heck, we had regular FFA shooting matches on school grounds. It wasn't unusual to see 5 or 10 kids getting off a bus with a 22 every week. We just kept them in the FFA advisor's office.
Heck, I used to take a sword to elementary school.
The paranoia about guns only reinforces the fear of guns. Become more familiar with them and you see them for what they are, tools. Heck, we had a week of hunter's safety training in my 10th grade PE class.
Now they'll kick you out if you bring a friggin nail file to school. I carried a knife to school every day from the time I was 10. And it wasn't unusual for a teacher to ask if you had a knife on you.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
the old 69 C-10 always had a shotgun in it..
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
I just noticed that we should be discusing shooStings and not shootings. Since I am not that knowledgeable about shooStings I will not comment right now.
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I noticed that yesterday, but I was afraid he would shoosted me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks